We live in society where food temptations are everywhere.
- Walk through a store and you'll see the unhealthy food items displayed front and center.
- Turn on the TV and you'll be assaulted with commercials for fattening foods.
- Open a magazine and you'll notice glossy pin-ups of sugary snacks.
- Go down the street and you'll have restaurant signs clamoring for your attention.
In addition to the abundance of tempting edibles, you also have deeply ingrained positive associations with indulging.
- You treat tempting food as a reward.
- You turn to tempting food for comfort.
- You rely on tempting food as stress relief.
- You allow tempting food to become a habit.
Don't let food win! Come in to The Body Firm today, and we can help you!
It's easy to spend vacation days sprawled out by the pool, but the inactivity will quickly add up to extra pounds.
Choose to be active and you'll burn calories all day long while indulging in fewer unnecessary snacks. The following ideas will get you moving:
Go on a brisk walk each day of your trip. You'll see new sights while burning off excess calories.
Always take the stairs rather than the elevator. Talk about bonus calorie burning!
Go on a jog in the mornings before your daily activities, or jog in the evening after the day winds down.
If your hotel has a pool, swim a few laps each day. Swimming is a fun way to get in a full body workout.
If your trip takes you to a place of natural beauty then go on a hike. Even while hiking at a slow or moderate pace you'll burn plenty of calories.
Play some sports - beach volleyball, a game of hoops, Frisbee, or bike riding are all great ways to have fun while keeping fit.
For more fitness ideas, visit www.thebodyfirmaz.com
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising alone is a recipe for disaster.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, work with me, your local fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
- I am passionate about seeing you achieve results - don't waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
- When you start a program with me, you suddenly have the upper hand on weight loss. I'll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin the last weight loss program that you'll ever do.
Visit us today to find your support system.
What do you do every night before getting into bed? You brush your teeth. It doesn't take much thought since it is such an ingrained habit. Imagine if exercise was as much of an ingrained habit as brushing your teeth. You would quickly achieve your weight loss goal and improve your health.
Here's how to make exercise a habit:
1)Exercise at the same time each day.
2) Put it on your schedule as a must - not a maybe.
3) Log your workouts in a journal.
4) The ultimate way to create the habit of exercise is to join one of my programs - talk about guaranteeing your success!
Start your habit today by visiting www.thebodyfirmaz.com.
If you can’t be an Olympic athlete, why not work out like one? With the 2010 Vancouver Games quickly approaching, we can’t help but feel inspired to become a little bit faster, a little bit stronger and a little bit better. Even though we can’t enjoy the snowy slopes here in Phoenix, we are still learning a few things from this year’s top contenders.
Lindsey Vonn:Forget Picabo Street, Lindsey Vonn is dominating the slopes, and emerging as one of the best female skiers in the world. With multiple World Cup medals under her belt, she’s returning to the 2010 Games for the second time. Keep an eye out for Lindsey as she will be completing in multiple events with the U.S. ski team.
- Inspiration: So what do we take away from Lindsey’s career? She’s one tough chick. Known for a number of nasty spills, it isn’t uncommon for her to get back up and try again. Despite bumps and bruises she’s living our motto “No Excuses”.
Apolo Anton Ohno: We all know Apolo for his numerous trips to the Olympics, and of course those impressive quadriceps! He’s back on the speed skating rink, and likely to find himself on the winner’s podium once again. We are hoping to witness more new world records with his name on them.
- Inspiration: Apolo knows one of the secrets to staying happy and healthy: take chances. On a recent break from skating, Apolo dominated the hit television show Dancing with the Stars. Follow his lead and sign up for a new activity this week. Dancing, hiking, swimming, body building—do something that is out of your comfort zone.
Shaun White: Untouchable is the word to describe Shaun White. From a young age he has pioneered the sport of snowboarding. Although snowboarding has had a tough time keeping its name as an Olympic sport, that hasn’t stopped White. He’s still pushing the limits by creating wild tricks of his own.
- Inspiration: Shaun doesn’t take “no” for an answer. He knows what he wants to accomplish, and won’t stop until he gets there. Even on your toughest days, keep your focus. Remind yourself of your goals, and surround yourself with people who will encourage you to achieve them.
Tune in to the Olympic Games next month and find your own inspiration: http://www.vancouver2010.com/
Perform each exercise with slow controlled movements. Complete 2 sets of 10-15 reps, with 30-60 seconds rest. This routine may also be performed in a circuit with little to no rest between exercises.
|Side Plank w/ Abduction
a) Lay on side with the right leg pulled back and the left hand on the hip with the shoulder back. Align right elbow directly under shoulder. Right hip should up so the shoulder and knee form a straight line.
b) With the abdominals drawn in, raise the left leg about one foot off the ground. Keeping the foot pointed straight ahead, pause at the top before returning to the starting position. Repeat 10-20 times, switch sides and repeat.
abdominal Apolo Ohno bands biceps cooking curls diet DOMS eating excercise exercise fat firming fitness food greens health healthy home lactic acid Lindsey Vonn muscle muscle soreness nutrition Olympics personal trainer personal training recipe salt Shaun White skiing snowboarding soreness squat stability ball stretch stretching training vacation Vancouver weight loss weight training winter work out workout
Blog Post Calendar
- Butt Exercises
- cardiovascular interval training
- Eating Healthy Diet Tips
- Exercise Motivation
- Healthy Recipes
- Home Workouts
- reasons to exercise
- senior exercise programs
- Staying Healthy
- Weight Loss
- About The Body Firm AZ
- Customer Testimonials
- Excercise Routines
- Press Articles
- Schedule An Appointment