Not only is this meal delicious, it's also incredibly healthy. A tangy herb paste coats both the fish and zucchini, which roast on the same pan. The entire meal is ready in 30 minutes – perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Here's what you need:
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini, cut into spears
- 4 skinless fillets firm white fish
- 1 cup dry whole-wheat couscous
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Throw the scallions, cilantro, mint, oil, ginger, coriander and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a food processor and pulse until a coarse paste forms. Season with pepper.
- Toss zucchini with 3 tablespoons herb paste in a bowl. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Rub remaining herb paste onto both sides of fish fillets. Push zucchini to edges of baking sheet, and arrange fish in center, leaving about 1/2 inch between each fillet. Roast until fish is opaque and semi-firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare directions. Serve fish and zucchini over couscous.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 354 calories, 10g fat, 29g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 32g protein.
Here's a recipe to spice up your breakfast. Egg whites, fire-roasted green Chile and diced tomatoes create a tasty omelet that is bursting with flavor and packed with protein. Serve with a side of salsa and sliced avocado.
Here's what you need...
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 (4oz) cans of fire-roasted, diced green chiles
- 12 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and chiles and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg whites and water. Lightly coat a medium non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add ¼ of the eggs and swirl to evenly coat the bottom of that pan. Cook until the eggs have set, about 2 minutes.
- Use a rubber scraper to lift the eggs up and let the runny uncooked egg flow underneath. Spoon 1/4 of the Chile mixture onto half of the omelet, fold over, and slide onto a serving plate. Repeat with remaining egg whites and Chile mixture.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 163 calories, 5g fat, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 26g protein.
Green smoothies consist of 3 basic ingredients: greens, fruit and water. Have fun experimenting with a wide range of varieties of both the greens and the fruit in order to reap the most benefit. You may be surprised to find that the simple combination of greens and fruit is quite delicious.
Here's what you need...
- 1 bunch (2 cups) red dandelion greens (feel free to use spinach or any other dark greens)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1-2 cups filtered water
- In a high speed blender mix the ingredients until smooth.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 199 calories, 1g fat, 47g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, and 6g protein.
Visit us today at www.thebodyfirmaz.com