Not only is this meal delicious, it's also incredibly healthy. A tangy herb paste coats both the fish and zucchini, which roast on the same pan. The entire meal is ready in 30 minutes – perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Here's what you need:
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini, cut into spears
- 4 skinless fillets firm white fish
- 1 cup dry whole-wheat couscous
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Throw the scallions, cilantro, mint, oil, ginger, coriander and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a food processor and pulse until a coarse paste forms. Season with pepper.
- Toss zucchini with 3 tablespoons herb paste in a bowl. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Rub remaining herb paste onto both sides of fish fillets. Push zucchini to edges of baking sheet, and arrange fish in center, leaving about 1/2 inch between each fillet. Roast until fish is opaque and semi-firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare directions. Serve fish and zucchini over couscous.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 354 calories, 10g fat, 29g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 32g protein.
Stay tuned in the next few days for more types of eating habits. In the meantime, visit us at www.thebodyfirmaz.com.
Each day you make well over 200 decisions about food, according to Brian Wansink, PH.D. in his book, Mindless Eating. Your weight is the sum total of your past food decisions.
According to Wansink, overeating can be greatly reduced simply by removing the cues in your environment that cause you to overeat. He goes on to explain the top 5 Diet Danger Zones and the solutions for each:
1. The Meal Stuffer: At mealtime you really stuff yourself. You clean everything off your plate, eat quickly and often go back for seconds. You consider yourself to have a “healthy appetite” and often feel uncomfortably full after eating.
- Use the Half-Plate Rule: fill half of your plate with vegetables and the other half with protein and starch.
- Use smaller plates and wait 20 minutes before deciding if you want seconds.
- Eat slower so your appetite can catch up with what you've already eaten.
- Don't place serving dishes on the table. Pre-plate your food and then put the rest out of reach.
A recent article by CNN has linked biking to slower weight gain, especially in pre-menopausal women. The study mentioned in the article noted the women who biked for just five minutes each day gained significantly less weight over a 20-year period.
Biking might be the easiest form of cardio to fit in your daily routine. Bike to work, to the gym or to the grocery store. Cycling is not only an alternate form of transportation, but also a fun way to get outdoors.
Try one of our cycling sprint interval programs at The Body Firm.
Having trouble with motivation? Try this technique:
- Go through your photo albums and find a picture of yourself in your best shape ever. It may be a photo from your college or even high school days.
- Now go through your photos and find a picture of yourself in your worst shape ever. You may have to go through old shoe boxes of photos, since this photo may not have made it into your photo albums.
- Place the two photos side by side. You at your fittest; you at your fattest. Study the photos. Remember what it felt like to be in great shape. Remember what it felt like to be in terrible shape (you may be living that right now).
- Make a decision. Do you want to continue living your life in bad shape? Or will you shake off past failures and do what it takes to achieve the body you once had?
Share your two photos with us. We will help you get back to the great body that you once had.
Regular exercise makes it easier to eat healthy. Just as healthy eating makes you more likely to exercise.
It's the domino effect. When you begin to make a positive change in one area of your life other areas will soon follow.
Remember, while nutrition is vitally important for weight loss, true results are achieved through a combination of both nutrition and challenging, progressive exercise.
Would you like to get that domino effect started in your life? Visit our website today for a fitness program that will quickly transform your body.
You start each morning with the promise to be "good" today.
You'll refuse the baked goods at the office. You'll speed past that fast food place at lunch. You'll turn a blind eye to the vending machine in the mid-afternoon. And you'll pass on the ice cream after dinner.
But… you hadn't counted on the fact that a box of your favorite donuts would be sitting in the break room. Or that co-workers would invite you to join them for fast food place at lunch. Or that Girl Scouts would come through the office after school with boxes of thin mints. Or that your special someone would come home with a pint of Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.
And as you get into bed each night you tell yourself that tomorrow will be different.
Tomorrow you will conquer temptation.
But tomorrow comes with its own set of special circumstances and temptation gets the best of you once again.
Don't wait. Visit www.thebodyfirmaz.com today for help turning a new leaf and starting fresh!
Take a moment and imagine your 'ideal you'.
What does the 'ideal you' look like? How does the 'ideal you' spend their time? Who would the 'ideal you' spend time with? What would the 'ideal you' accomplish? The distance between you and your 'ideal you' is created by laziness.
When faced with decisions, big or small, do what your 'ideal you' would do, rather than taking the easy way out.
(I'm pretty sure that your 'ideal you' is a client of mine...:)
Contact The Body Firm today for your free consultation at www.thebodyfirmaz.com
1. Greens are packed with amino acids...AKA protein.
I'll bet you didn't know that dark leafy greens are a legitimate source of protein. It's true!
Protein molecules are made of a chain of amino acids. When you consume protein from chicken, you're getting chains of amino acids that have already been assembled into a complex protein.
When you eat dark leafy greens you are getting a plethora of individual amino acids. Your body then takes these amino acids and assembles it into complex protein chains.
For more nutrition advice visit www.thebodyfirmaz.com
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising alone is a recipe for disaster.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, work with me, your local fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
- I am passionate about seeing you achieve results - don't waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
- When you start a program with me, you suddenly have the upper hand on weight loss. I'll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin the last weight loss program that you'll ever do.
Visit us today to find your support system.
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then you're weight loss efforts will all be in vain. To put it bluntly, you need to stop eating junk. Processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fruits.
- Don't eat processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
- Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
For more helpful information, visit us at www.thebodyfirmaz.com
abdominal Apolo Ohno bands biceps cooking curls diet DOMS eating excercise exercise fat firming fitness food greens health healthy home lactic acid Lindsey Vonn muscle muscle soreness nutrition Olympics personal trainer personal training recipe salt Shaun White skiing snowboarding soreness squat stability ball stretch stretching training vacation Vancouver weight loss weight training winter work out workout
Blog Post Calendar
- Butt Exercises
- cardiovascular interval training
- Eating Healthy Diet Tips
- Exercise Motivation
- Healthy Recipes
- Home Workouts
- reasons to exercise
- senior exercise programs
- Staying Healthy
- Weight Loss
- About The Body Firm AZ
- Customer Testimonials
- Excercise Routines
- Press Articles
- Schedule An Appointment