One of your biggest enemies when it comes to vacation weight gain is...sugar.
The average modern person consumes 46 teaspoons of sugar every day. The average person on vacation consumes even more than that.
Even though sugary calories taste great, the sweet pleasure comes at a high price. Here's what I mean:
- Sugar creates false hunger (as a result of the insulin rush and then ensuing plummet in blood sugar levels), which causes you overeat.
- Sugar promotes aging (due to the advanced glycation end products, or AGEs, that occur when insulin levels are consistently elevated as a result of eating too much sugar). Sugar has even been dubbed the negative fountain of youth!
- Sugar weakens your bones -making you vulnerable for osteoporosis, and weakens your teeth - making you vulnerable for cavities (both due to the calcium being pulled from your bones and teeth in order for your body to process sugar).
- Sugar in excess is stored as fat (after your liver has no more room to store it, sugar is converted to fat and deposited on your belly, thighs, hips and the backs of your arms).
So instead of eating that ice cream cone or chocolate éclair, satiate your sweet tooth with a piece of juicy fruit.
Prepare for your vacation at The Body Firm.
Enjoy this article?
abdominal Apolo Ohno bands biceps cooking curls diet DOMS eating excercise exercise fat firming fitness food greens health healthy home lactic acid Lindsey Vonn muscle muscle soreness nutrition Olympics personal trainer personal training recipe salt Shaun White skiing snowboarding soreness squat stability ball stretch stretching training vacation Vancouver weight loss weight training winter work out workout
Blog Post Calendar
- Butt Exercises
- cardiovascular interval training
- Eating Healthy Diet Tips
- Exercise Motivation
- Healthy Recipes
- Home Workouts
- reasons to exercise
- senior exercise programs
- Staying Healthy
- Weight Loss
- About The Body Firm AZ
- Customer Testimonials
- Excercise Routines
- Press Articles
- Schedule An Appointment